We’re thrilled to announce that we have partnered with Orchestra Next and the Hult Center for the Performing Arts to bring a very exciting opportunity to low-income individuals and families in our community.
For the first time in more than 20 years, our Nutcracker tour schedule allows for a full dress rehearsal with Orchestra Next at the Hult Center for the Performing Arts on Thursday, December 21. We are opening the doors to this dress rehearsal and providing 1,800 tickets to low-income attendees, giving them the opportunity to share The Nutcracker tradition and create long-lasting memories.
“Eugene Ballet is looking to find ways we can help eliminate the barriers that keep our community from experiencing live performances,” Eugene Ballet’s Executive Director Josh Neckels said. “Partnering with Orchestra Next and the Hult Center provides the ideal opportunity for members of our community to experience live music and dance in a remarkable facility that many have only seen from the outside.”
Thanks to partnerships with local agencies including Agape, Food for Lane County, SAIL, St. Vincent de Paul, and WIC, tickets have already been distributed to families and individuals of greatest need served by these organizations.
“These types of live experiences provide our students with the opportunity to see what performance is all about, and what performers put into shows of this stature,” SAIL’s Executive Director Lara Fernandez said. “I hope our clients get to experience the thrill of dressing up to attend, the reactions of those around them, the feel of the music, energy from performers…combining sight , sound and feel isn’t describable or attained without ‘being’ at an actual performance.”
Euphoria Chocolate Company and additional sponsors are contributing to gift bags that will be sent home with every member of the audience, providing something sweet, useful and fun to make this special event last even longer.
If you’d like to contribute to this exciting event, please see our support options below.
At Eugene Ballet, we’re dedicated to creating opportunities to increase access to the arts for everyone in our community and support for events such as this help make that possible.
Thanks to the following businesses who have recently contributed to this event:
- Northwest Oral Maxillofacial and Implant Surgery
- Willamette Valley Dermatology
- Bennett Management Company
- Eugene Coin and Jewelry
- Banner Bank
- Movassaghi: Plastic Surgery and Ziba Medical Spa
- Trillium Community Health
- Pasta Plus
- Rexius Forest By-Products
- $25 supports the opportunity for one person to attend.
- $125 brings a family of five to the event.
- $500 supports the attendance of 20 individuals or four families.
- Receive logo placement in The Nutcracker insert (7,500+ distributed)
- $1,500 supports the attendance of 60 individuals or 12 families.
- Above plus logo and web link on Eugene Ballet’s website (150,000+ views)