Eugene Ballet Academy’s Summer Intensive Application opens January 1, 2024!
*Application and Photos Required*
July 29th – August 17th, 2024
Eugene Ballet Academy is passionately committed to cultivating the unique talents and aspirations of the emerging generation of young artists. Our Summer Intensive offers an inclusive and supportive learning environment that serves as the cornerstone of our dedication to delivering exceptional pre-professional training. Eugene Ballet Academy is more than just a school; we are a community where dancers come to refine their craft and unleash their creative brilliance. Join us for a summer of intensive training, artistic exploration, and limitless growth!
After submitting your application, we will be in touch within two weeks regarding your admission status. Welcome Packet will be sent out as the intensive approaches (including dress code, policies, and showcase information)
Admissions and Registration
- Applications Open: January 1, 2024
- Application Deadline: April 1, 2024
- Registration Deadline: April 12, 2024 ($150 Non-refundable deposit due upon registration)
- Balance Due: July 12, 2024
- First arabesque
- Tendu a la seconde
- A favorite dance image of yourself
- Intermediate – 3+ years of ballet technique
- Advanced/Pre-Professional – 5+ years of ballet technique with at least 2 years of Pointe.
Dancers can choose to attend our full three-week program or single week sessions as fits their schedule. Dancers enrolled for the three-week session are eligible to participate in the Intensive showcase on August 17th.
- Full Three-Week Program: $1300
- One-week sessions: $500
Dancers can choose to attend our full three-week program or single week sessions as fits their schedule. Dancers enrolled for the three-week session are eligible to participate in the Intensive showcase on August 17.
First Week – July 29-August 2Second Week – August 5-9Third Week – August 12-16 (Showcase on August 17 for 3-week participants)
Sample Daily Schedule
Classes vary based on level placement.
- 9:00-10:45 – Classical Technique
- 11:00-12:00 – Pre- Pointe, Pointe, Variations, and/or Pas de Deux
- 12:00-12:30 – Lunch Break
- 12:30-1:45 – Contemporary, Jazz, Modern, Other Dance Styles
- 2:00-3:00 – Specialty Focus: Mime. Turning, Petit Allegro, and more.
- 3:15-4:00 – Educational Series: Injury Prevention, Dance History, Health and Wellness, and more.
(Single- week students released at 4:00pm daily.)
- 4:15-5:30 – Repertoire for Showcase (Full 3-Week Program Students Only)
EBC Artistic Staff – Toni Pimble, Jennifer Martin, Suzanne Haag
EBC Company Dancers – Danielle Tolmie, Mark Tucker, Sarah Kosterman, Jade McAnally, Erin Johnson
EBA Faculty and Distinguished Guests – Sarah Pecht, Marisa Bidegaray, and Hannah Thomas