Northwest Dance Festival
The NWDF is an inspirational dance extravaganza that brings together dancers, choreographers, teachers, and artistic directors from around the state. The festival offers a full weekend of dance activities with a diverse curriculum that includes classes, workshops, seminars, and performances from participating companies. Workshops and seminars are intended to offer progressive information that broaden the dancers’ scope, experience, and knowledge of dance. The festival is designed for aspiring students and current educators seeking continuing education in the field of dance. The activities support the development of the dancer, the ongoing education of educators in the field, and the cultural development of our community.
All classes will be held at the Midtown Arts Center. We have a stellar line-up of professionals including Eugene Ballet Company faculty and other science and movement professionals in the field. We will offer three levels:
- Level One (Beg/Intermediate or EBA Ballet 4/special invite)
- Level Two (Intermediate or EBA Ballet 5)
- Level Three (Advanced or EBA Ballet 6)
Included in the package for full event or Saturday only registration is admission to the Saturday evening performance at the Hult Center’s Soreng Theater, which will feature both original works and repertoire from the classics performed by Eugene Ballet Youth and participating guest companies.
Class offerings includes Ballet Technique, Pointe, Jazz, Modern, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Salsa and more.
Saturday – March 12, 2022
- 9:00am-12:00pm – Morning Classes
- 12:00pm-1:00pm – Lunch
- 1:00-2:15pm – Afternoon Seminar/Workshop
- 7:30pm – Evening Performance at The Hult Center (All patrons entering the Hult Center will need to provide proof of vaccination or certified negative test. Saturday participants will receive personalized NWDF lanyards, which will provide them access to theater seating without a ticket.)
Sunday – March 13, 2022
- 9:00am-11:45am – Morning Classes
- 11:45am-12:45pm – Lunch
- 12:45pm-2:00pm – Afternoon Elective Class
- Saturday – $85 (includes access to evening performance)
- Sunday – $60
- $20 Discount if registered for both days, use promo code NWDF22 at checkout
NWDF 2022 Information Guide HERE
Dancers already attending NWDF through participation in an EBY company do not need to register for the event separately.
Individual Student Registration – Register HERE by February 10, 2022!
- If registering for both days, use promo code NWDF22 at checkout. Your account will be manually adjusted by the Academy office and card on file charged for the final cost.
Do you have a friend from another dance school who might want to join us? They are welcome to register as well! Have them contact the Academy office if they do not know for which level they should register.
We hope you can join us for this educational and inspirational event.
Please don’t hesitate to email or call with questions.
Eugene Ballet Academy: Spring Show
Eugene Ballet Academy presents an annual production at year’s end that brings together the youngest and most advanced students in an inspiring presentation of the dedication, commitment and accomplishment of students, staff and parents. Including repertory and original works from classical, modern and jazz repertoire. Don’t miss this exciting and enjoyable performance that will provide entertainment and education for all ages.
Eugene Ballet Youth: Spring Repertoire
An exciting blend of diverse dance styles from classical to contemporary, jazz to folk, and modern to hip hop, this season’s repertoire offers a dynamic display of high quality dance and choreography.
Eugene Ballet Youth: Nutcracker Short and Suite
Enjoy the magic of the season with Clara, the Sugar Plum Fairy, swirling snowflakes, waltzing flowers, dancing sweets and more. Eugene Youth Ballet offers a captivating rendition of E.T.A. Hoffman’s enchanting holiday tale. Come join us, as we celebrate the season with this timeless holiday treat for all ages.
Eugene Ballet Youth Season Collaborations
Eugene Youth Ballet Collaborates with multiple dance and youth performing organizations including Rose Children’s Theater, Lane Community College, University of Oregon, local dance companies and more.