Thank you for your interest in the Eugene Ballet Company. We are no longer accepting materials for the upcoming 2021-22 season; however, you are welcome to submit audition packets beginning in January of 2022. We truly wish you much good health and success during this difficult time. For additional inquiries, please contact [email protected]
Male applicants must be taller than 5’6″ (168 cm) and female applicants must fall within a height range of 5′-5’7″ (152-170cm).
Please review the information below carefully and submit the following:
- A classical variation from standard repertoire (danced in pointe shoes by female applicants), filmed in studio or recent performance.
- A short contemporary variation or portion of choreography, demonstrating the applicant’s range of movement. Filmed in studio or recent performance.
- 3-5 minutes of barre work.
- 5-7 minutes of center practice including: adagio, pirouettes, petit and grand allegro, as well as coda steps (en pointe for female applicants).
- Partnering work filmed either in studio or recent performance, preferably classical repertoire.
- Two professional reference contacts
- Two professional dance photographs
- Resume or curriculum vitae must include: height, weight, date of birth, visa status, and current contact information.
Virtual Applications should be sent via email to: [email protected]
Eugene Ballet is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Eugene Ballet makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Audition Requirements for both Company and Aspirants
Resume must include the following;
Current and complete mailing address
Email address (if applicable)
Date of birth
Audition materials should also include:
Two (2) 8 x 10 photographs (one headshot and one dance shot)
DVD or YouTube link with no more than 10 minutes of footage which must include:
For MEN and WOMEN – performance material including partnering and a classical variation.
Please submit all audition materials to: Jennifer Martin, Associate Artistic Director
Eugene Ballet Company
174 East 16th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97401
For more information and for email submission:
Females: 5’0” to 5’6”
Men: 5’6” to 6’3”