Male applicants must be taller than 5’6″ (168 cm) and female applicants must fall within a height range of 5′-5’7″ (152-170cm).
Please review the information below carefully and submit the following:
- A classical variation from standard repertoire (danced in pointe shoes by female applicants), filmed in studio or recent performance.
- A short contemporary variation or portion of choreography, demonstrating the applicant’s range of movement. Filmed in studio or recent performance.
- 3-5 minutes of barre work.
- 5-7 minutes of center practice including: adagio, pirouettes, petit and grand allegro, as well as coda steps (en pointe for female applicants).
- Partnering work filmed either in studio or recent performance, preferably classical repertoire.
- Two professional reference contacts
- Two professional dance photographs
- Resume or curriculum vitae must include: height, weight, date of birth, visa status, and current contact information.
Virtual Applications should be sent via email to: [email protected]
Application Deadline is: April 15, 2021
Eugene Ballet is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Eugene Ballet makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Audition Requirements for both Company and Aspirants
Resume must include the following;
Current and complete mailing address
Email address (if applicable)
Date of birth
Audition materials should also include:
Two (2) 8 x 10 photographs (one headshot and one dance shot)
DVD or YouTube link with no more than 10 minutes of footage which must include:
For MEN and WOMEN – performance material including partnering and a classical variation.
Please submit all audition materials to: Jennifer Martin, Associate Artistic Director
Eugene Ballet Company
1590 Willamette Street
Eugene, OR 97401
For more information and for email submission:
Females: 5’0” to 5’6”
Men: 5’6” to 6’3”