Eugene Ballet Youth is the pre-professional performing track of the Academy.
Eugene Ballet Youth offers aspiring young students with performing opportunities that not only develop self-confidence and an appreciation for the art, but also provides educational programs and exposure for our local community and beyond.
The NWDF is an inspirational dance extravaganza that brings together dancers, choreographers, teachers, and artistic directors from around the state. The festival offers a full weekend of dance activities with a diverse curriculum that includes classes, workshops, seminars, and performances from participating companies. Workshops and seminars are intended to offer progressive information that broaden the dancers’ scope, experience, and knowledge of dance. The festival is designed for aspiring students and current educators seeking continuing education in the field of dance. The activities support the development of the dancer, the ongoing education of educators in the field, and the cultural development of our community.
All classes will be held at the Midtown Arts Center. We have a stellar line-up of professionals including Eugene Ballet Company faculty and other science and movement professionals in the field. We will offer three levels:
- Level One (Beg/Intermediate or EBA Ballet 4/special invite)
- Level Two (Intermediate or EBA Ballet 5)
- Level Three (Advanced or EBA Ballet 6)
Included in the package for full event or Saturday only registration is admission to the Saturday evening performance at the Hult Center’s Soreng Theater, which will feature both original works and repertoire from the classics performed by Eugene Ballet Youth and participating guest companies.
Class offerings includes Ballet Technique, Pointe, Jazz, Modern, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Salsa and more.
Saturday – March 12, 2022
- 9:00am-12:00pm – Morning Classes
- 12:00pm-1:00pm – Lunch
- 1:00-2:15pm – Afternoon Seminar/Workshop
- 7:30pm – Evening Performance at The Hult Center (All patrons entering the Hult Center will need to provide proof of vaccination or certified negative test. Saturday participants will receive personalized NWDF lanyards, which will provide them access to theater seating without a ticket.)
Sunday – March 13, 2022
- 9:00am-11:45am – Morning Classes
- 11:45am-12:45pm – Lunch
- 12:45pm-2:00pm – Afternoon Elective Class
- Saturday – $85 (includes access to evening performance)
- Sunday – $60
- $20 Discount if registered for both days, use promo code NWDF22 at checkout
NWDF 2022 Information Guide HERE
Dancers already attending NWDF through participation in an EBY company do not need to register for the event separately.
Individual Student Registration – Register HERE by February 10, 2022!
- If registering for both days, use promo code NWDF22 at checkout. Your account will be manually adjusted by the Academy office and card on file charged for the final cost.
Do you have a friend from another dance school who might want to join us? They are welcome to register as well! Have them contact the Academy office if they do not know for which level they should register.
We hope you can join us for this educational and inspirational event.
Please don’t hesitate to email or call with questions.
In 2012, Eugene Ballet Youth founded the annual Northwest Dance Festival to collaborate with other regional youth dance companies and provide ongoing performing and educational opportunities. Through its longevity and many projects and performances, the organization has become recognized as an exceptional youth arts program and was awarded a prestigious Oregon Arts Commission Award for service to the community.
The 60 member troupe, exposes, educates and entertains audiences with focus on the under-served populations and outlying areas that do not have opportunities or access to participate. Recognizing the value of art in our lives, Eugene Ballet Youth is committed to providing financial support through scholarship and gives back to the community through free public performances. Eugene Ballet Youth performs for nursing and retirement homes, libraries, public and private schools and community events.